Owning a car is expensive and maintaining it has never been easier. However, auto maintenance is not that expensive. It is not like pricing the moon. The more time and money you spend on proper maintenance early and often is that much less time and money you’ll need to spend on expensive repairs and replacements down the road. A bottle of coolant is much cheaper than a new radiator! The first step is always to read your owner’s manual to know what specific features your car has and what specific protocols you should take when doing any type of maintenance. If after you’ve read the manual you’re not quite sure where to start, try these tips to extending the life of your car
1. Keep Your Fluids Up: One of the most important parts of owning a car is checking the level and color of the various types of fluids that keep your car running smoothly and safely. This can ensure that you notice when a leak begins, and prevents you from ever running dry or with contaminated fluid (which can be dangerous and expensive). Check and replace your oil early and often; waiting until the last possible minute to change the oil might save you money but it can damage your engine over time. Make sure you stay on top of your power steering and brake fluids. Keep your radiator topped off with coolant/antifreeze and keep an eye out for cracks or leaks that are forcing you to fill it up too often. Keep your fuel tank full when possible to avoid condensation building up and catalyzing oxidation in your fuel tank. Make sure your transmission fluid is red colored and doesn’t smell or look burnt.
2. Change the Filters and Transmission: One important step that is easy to put off for too long is changing filters. Both the air filter and the oil filter need to be changed regularly to ensure no clogs buildup, which can damage your system. Get your transmission flushed to keep it in good shape.
3.Check Your Brake Pads and Use Your Parking Brake: Replace your brake pads when they are getting too worn down to ensure your brakes don’t damage your wheels. Use your parking brake often to relieve strain to your brake system. If you hear squeaking even you apply the brakes, it’s probably time.
4.Keep it Clean: It may seem like a simple cosmetic issue, but it isn’t; keeping your car’s exterior clean with regular washes will slow down the eventual processes of rust and corrosion. Cleaning the engine regularly to remove buildup will help to keep it from overheating so it runs smoothly for its maximum lifespan.
5. Proper Maintenance: Schedule auto maintenance with your local mechanic regularly so they can ensure everything is working smoothly. Mechanics can use all sorts of diagnostic tools and techniques to check that your vehicle is cruising smoothly. Small appointments here and there are a lot cheaper than the bigger appointments they help to avoid. And always use a regular mechanic.
6.Driving carefully and Less Often: While it’s quite tempting to blast down the highway like the speed demon you are, driving at high speeds (especially in cities) can be very taxing on your car. Try to drive carefully, transitioning smoothly between motion and slowly coming to a stop. When starting up for the first time, accelerate slowly and take your time rolling out of the driveway in the morning. The eventual wear and tear of driving your car can be postponed by proper driving techniques. Start/stop traffic will wear on your system over time, so avoid driving when you can. Take the bus every so often or walk to where you need to go. The less driving you do, the longer your car will last.
Are you thinking about getting an Innoson car? Then hurry.
To Purchase Innoson IVM cars and make further inquiries
Visit www.innosonmotors.com or contact us via email@example.com or call- 08137075745, 08030889955.
Also, we’ve partnered with Sterling Bank to enable Nigerians to own a car with ease. Through our IVM auto finance scheme, Nigerians can now own a car, drive home and pay as you go!
All our existing and future range of automobile brands are available through this auto finance scheme and we are not relenting in our efforts to partner with many more Nigerian banks.
So what are you waiting for?
1) Choose your preferred vehicle.
2) Walk into any Sterling Bank nationwide to open an account for auto finance processing.
3) Contact us for the pro forma invoice of your preferred vehicle after Sterling Bank account opening confirmation.
4) Pay the required 25% down payment and wait for your vehicle to be delivered to you wherever you are in Nigeria.
Call our IVM Auto Finance Hotlines Now:
08033562978, 08175812222 – Sterling Bank
08137075745, 08030889955 – Innoson Motors
Innoson……The Pride of African Roads